This is Bubbles, a beautiful 10 month old grey and white DSH.

Mom though she was doing good.
She knew her apartment complex had fleas, so she went out to Walmart and got a Hartz topical flea treatment labelled for cats. She placed the appropriate amount on her baby, following the instructions to the letter. Unfortunately, what Bubbles experienced and what happens way too often is a severe local chemical burn from the concentrated pesticide in these over-the-counter product. Bubbles was actually very lucky with only her skin affected. We also commonly see cats that can have such severe reactions to these products that they can experience seizures, organ failure and death.
Please be aware that not all products that are labelled for pets are actually safe, and that not all flea/tick/parasite treatments are created equal. Stay safe this season!
This is my Veterinary Animal Hospital of choice as they have expertise in the care of exotic pets. My sun…

John Dwyer

Had my first consultation with Dr. Mann for my chinese water dragon. She definitely knows how to deal with reptiles.…

Msdarkalina .

Wonderful vets and vet techs working here. They always cared for my cat as if she were their own. They…

Katie Girvan

Very nice employes that truly cares for your animals. They even call you the next day to see how your…

Isabelle Boulay

Good place for your animal if sick

Allan Hayes


November 2019 Calendar

Read More
See All Articles