Did you know that fleas lay their eggs around your home while living on your pet? Not only should we treat our pets, but we should also treat our home and yard.
Start by cleaning EVERYTHING! Here’s a list of where to clean and get all of these little critters:
- Sweep tile or wood floors.
- Vacuum carpets, rugs, and furniture. (throw away the bag or empty out the vacuum)
- Clean all baseboards since fleas love dark cervices.
- Wash your pet’s bedding. Fleas love to nest where they can regularly have a blood meal from your pet.
- Wash your pet’s toys. If it can’t be washed, it’s best to throw it out.
- If your pet goes into bedrooms, or sleeps in your bed, be sure to clean the rooms and wash ALL sheets and pillows.
- Wash EVERYTHING in hot water.
And don’t forget to prevent it from happening again! Monthly flea preventatives are always recommended
If you have any questions regarding fleas, please give us a call at 506-857-4271
Written by Monica Blanchard, RVT