It all started at the beginning of history in America, witches and black cats were among symbols of bad luck and could not be trusted. After years and years, the legend lives on during Halloween season. They add a frightful, unnerving ambience especially on Halloween night spooking trick-or-treaters.
Television shows, movies, and books often portray black cats as bad luck and spooky even though they are regular cats with dark black fur. Here are a few reasons why you should consider a black cat the next time you are looking to adopt:
- They need a loving home.
- They are less likely to be adopted.
- Your work clothes don’t look like they are covered in cat hair.
- They are good at hunting (for play).
- Hide-and-seek is way more fun.
- They are cute miniature black panthers.
- Make a new best friend.
- Black is chic.ha
- Love doesn’t have a colour.
Written by: Monica Blanchard, RVT