We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Pocket pets are a special category of small mammals that have been domesticated to live in cages or small environments. They are typically a prey species, and require very unique care and treatment. They normally have a shorter lifespan than larger mammals, but are very friendly pets that are easier to manage. They can show huge amounts of affection and are well-loved among pet owners worldwide.
We frequently see and service many pocket pets, including rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, degus, chinchillas, ferrets, hedgehogs, sugar gliders, and many others.
What services do you provide for pocket pets?
We provide all levels of care for pockets pets. We can provide pre- or post-purchase exams, vaccines, blood and fecal testing, dental treatments, soft-tissue surgeries and full spectrum medical care for all species of different pocket pets.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Tuesday, March 24, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 506.857.4271. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 - 5:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. We are limiting pet food purchases to 2 bags/cases per order. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.